It is MANDATORY to complete, sign and return by email all papers. Omitting to do so will AUTOMATICALLY CANCEL your participation to the workshop without any refunds. It is not the responsibility of Cath Simard to send notices, follow ups or reminder to return these paper completed and signed.
Cancellation and Refunds
1. All cancellation are NON-REFUNDABLE
2. In the improbable case of severe or extreme weather forecast, that would make the workshop impossible or dangerous, Cath Simard reserves the right to cancel any workshop up to 24 hours in advance. In this case, a full refund will be made to the participant.
3. In the event of Cath Simard being unable to attend due to illness or other circumstances beyond our control another workshop leader will be appointed. If this is not possible, the workshop will be cancelled and a full refund will be made to the participant.
4. Cath Simard will not be liable for any delay in, change to or cancellation of trips due to 'Force Majeure'. 'Force Majeure' means a circumstance beyond the reasonable control of Photo Workshop Adventures and includes, but is not limited to, war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, disease, industrial or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire, strikes, floods or sickness. Such losses or additional expenses are the responsibility of the client.
5. In all cases stated in 2,3 & 4, we will not refund the cost of your flight or any other expenses in the event of workshop cancellation.
Terms & Conditions
1. Cath Simard is NOT a certified hiking guide and does not take any responsibility for guiding all activities such as hiking, scrambling, climbing, backpacking, canoeing. Her only role is to be a photography teacher. All participants must make their own research about the trail before attending the workshop. There won’t be any certified guide accompanying the group.
2. It is a term of the contract between us that you will obtain the appropriate travel insurance cover before you set out on the workshop. We highly recommend that the insurance covers the loss, expenses and damages arising from, including but not limited to, the cancellation of the workshop (whether whole or in part), personal accident and injury, medical and repatriation costs including helicopter (we recommend double checking this with your insurances and making sure it is covered), loss of baggage and personal money and belongings, flight cancellations and delays.
3. Cath Simard expects that all participants be in good health as photography, hiking, backpacking, scrambling & canoeing can be physically demanding. Cath Simard reserves the right to ask for a doctor’s statement of good health if deemed necessary. If you have concerns about whether or not your health or fitness is adequate for any given tour, please get an evaluation from a qualified medical professional first. Also, you can contact us at any time with specific questions. Please ensure you make your health/fitness evaluation BEFORE booking any workshop, as Cath Simard cannot make any exceptions to our cancellation policy for medical reasons. It is each participant’s responsibility to ensure they are fit and healthy for the tour they sign-up for.
4. You are responsible for looking after your personal belongings whilst travelling. Cath Simard shall not be held responsible for any personal belongings left behind on any trip irrespective of the circumstances.
5. No shows: you are responsible for arriving on time at the notified meeting point. This means that we leave promptly at the published departure time. If you are late, the group will leave without you and your reservation will be forfeited without refund. Please make your greatest effort to show up on time. Arrive early if you do not know the notified meeting point.
6. We try hard to ensure all members of the team are suited to the courses they are undertaking. However, occasionally guests will struggle from unforeseen circumstances. For cases that do not require medical assistance, the participant may choose turn around and will assume ALL RISKS AND CONSEQUENCES arising from this decision. It is NOT the responsibility of Cath Simard to turn around with the participant. Cath Simard will NOT stop the workshop because of this participant.
Booking Agreement (All):
By booking a tour with Cath Simard, trip participant accepts that they have read, understood and fully agreed with all the points as stated out in the “Terms and Conditions” and “Cancellation & Refunds”