Terms & Conditions
1. Cath Simard is NOT a certified hiking guide and does not take any responsibility for guiding all activities such as hiking, scrambling, climbing, backpacking. Her only role is to be a photography teacher. All participants must make their own research about the trail before attending the workshop. There won’t be any certified guide accompanying the group.
2. It is a term of the contract between us that you will obtain the appropriate travel insurance cover before you set out on the workshop. We highly recommend that the insurance covers the loss, expenses and damages arising from, including but not limited to, the cancellation of the workshop (whether whole or in part), personal accident and injury, medical and repatriation costs including helicopter (we recommend double checking this with your insurances and making sure it is covered), loss of baggage and personal money and belongings, flight cancellations and delays.
3. Cath Simard expects that all participants be in good health as photography, hiking, backpacking and scrambling can be physically demanding. Cath Simard reserves the right to ask for a doctor’s statement of good health if deemed necessary. If you have concerns about whether or not your health or fitness is adequate for any given tour, please get an evaluation from a qualified medical professional first. Also, you can contact me at any time with specific questions. Please ensure you make your health/fitness evaluation BEFORE booking any workshop, as Cath Simard cannot make any exceptions to our cancellation policy for medical reasons. It is each participant’s responsibility to ensure they are fit and healthy for the tour they sign-up for.
4. You are responsible for looking after your personal belongings whilst travelling. Cath Simard shall not be held responsible for any personal belongings left behind on any trip irrespective of the circumstances.
5. We try hard to ensure all members of the team are suited to the courses they are undertaking. However, occasionally guests will struggle from unforeseen circumstances. For cases that do not require medical assistance, the participant may choose turn around and will assume ALL RISKS AND CONSEQUENCES arising from this decision. It is NOT the responsibility of Cath Simard to turn around with the participant. Cath Simard will NOT stop the workshop because of this participant.
6. All workshops are subjects to be filmed and photographed. By attending one of Cath Simard’s workshops, I agree to be filmed and photographed and that these images can be used for any purposed.
CANCELLATION and REFUNDS POLICY
We reserve the right to cancel any workshop for a minimum of 30 days prior to the workshop start date if our minimum enrolment of 3 participants is not met.
MORE THAN 60 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE: Non-refundable deposit
Between 60-45 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE: 1000$ USD cancellation fee + non-refundable deposit unless/until we fill your spot. If we can fill your spot, ONLY the cancellation fee will be waived.
LESS THAN 45 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE: No refunds. Refunds of any kind are not given beyond this point because it is very difficult to fill a spot on such short notice. This means we would be losing money on an empty spot that could have otherwise been filled.
In the event of severe weather, group photo adventures will not be postponed. You are required to bring appropriate clothing to protect yourself from the elements.
In the event we have to cancel a workshop, participants will be given the option to reschedule to a later date or receive a full refund. We are not, however, liable for expenses incurred such as airfare or accommodations. We highly recommend the purchase of trip insurance.
In the event of Cath Simard or one of her collaborator being unable to attend due to illness or other circumstances beyond our control another workshop leader will be appointed. If this is not possible, the workshop will be cancelled and a full refund will be made to the participant without any other compensations.
Cath Simard will not be liable for any delay in, change to or cancellation of trips due to Force Majeure. Force Majeure means a circumstance beyond the reasonable control of Cath Simard and includes, but is not limited to, war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, disease, industrial or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire, strikes, floods or sickness. Such losses or additional expenses are the responsibility of the client.
No shows: you are responsible for arriving on time at the notified meeting point. Please make your greatest effort to show up on time. Arrive early if you do not know the notified meeting point. For any considerable delays in flights, please contact Cath Simard via email at email@example.com